Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birthday Blessings

Birthday Dinner

Indian curry with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Did the flight attendants know it was my birthday??!

God is personal.

The year of travel has come full circle- it began with curry on the ride to India, and it ends the same. It felt celebratory with the birthday brownies and ice cream, too.

Truly, it was a grace-filled journey home.. After arriving safely in San Francisco, I proceeded to customs, where I met a woman from Addis (yeah!) and we got to discuss all things Ethiopian. Not only that, but I have been searching for an Amharic-speaker since I got back from Ethiopia because I was given a letter in Amharic from one of the kids in Jaja. I've been praying that I could get the letter translated, and I especially prayed yesterday that I could get it translated before I got home. Literally the last person I talked to before reuniting with my family was the woman at customs. And she was Ethiopian. She translated the letter!!! yeah! She also invited me to eat injira with her sometime. hoorahhoorah! God is faithful. After befriending the woman at customs, my family welcomed me by singing happy birthday and holding a big welcome back sign. It was the best welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment