Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Home Sweet Home

 Jon Foreman singing "Southbound Train"

"I'm headed home
But I'm not so sure
That home is a place
You can still get to by train"

 My first week back in San Francisco was blessed, overwhelming, peace-filled, refreshing, exhausting, joy-filled, nostalgic.. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

I got to visit the YWAM San Francisco base yesterday with Heather, one my friends from my DTS, rarara! It's smaller than the base in Herrnhut, but very cool and social justice focused. I worshiped with them in the morning and then joined for the Monday "nail day." I painted nails for women in the Tenderloin- it was a sweet way to get to really invest in the women and hear their stories, too. 


Visiting YWAM SF with Heather
Magazine Dropping at Phil's Coffee downtown, yah!




1 comment:

  1. that's cool that you girls got to hang out! we used to (still might) have a friend at that base... anyways, i also love that J. Foreman song... how has being home been? started school yet? m.

    ReplyDelete